Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #49

Good Morning!  I hope you're all doing well this lovely Tuesday Morning!  I have more packing to do, but instead I'm playing on my computer.  I'm not being very productive either.  Haha!

Today's card is this week's edition of Tuesday Morning Sketches.  I have a sketch that even stumped me, so in the end, I fell short of spectacular, but I think I hit the cute mark.  We have Some Odd Girl sponsoring us this week and talk about some really cute images.



I really need to stop taking pictures at night.  The colors are a bit washed out.  But anyway, here's 80's Kaylee from Some Odd Girl and I want to thank Kristy for sharing images with me and my team to use.  They are quite fun!!

Supplies:
Card Stock:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Night of Navy
Paper:  American Crafts Amplified (Rockabilly)
Copics:  100, B000, B02, B95, B97, C8, C10, E00, E02, RV06, V04, V06, W-3, Y06
Tools:  SCAL/Cricut
Embellishments:  Rhinestones (Me & My Big Ideas)

I had to laugh at myself as I colored this image.  I was reminded that I used to have a pair of light blue leg warmers that I wore everyday!  I was in High School when these were popular and I loved them!  I also remember a certain black shaker sweater that I loved, too, and not to mention all the black bracelets I wore.  I loved the 80s!!  I hope you join us over at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

9 Encouraging Thoughts:

1CardCreator said...

This is adorable! I love those leg warmers and the pink hair! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Oh what an adorable card Melissa....and your tutorial below is cool!!! Love that flower!!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU for your awesome comment on my blog!!! I'm thrilled your sis likes my blog too...makes me SMILE!!! I hope you're having a very blessed day!!

Denise Clark said...

You definitely hit the cute mark! She's adorable! Love her leg warmers! :) I also love the way you used the brackets. Perfect! Wonderful card!

Thanks so much for stopping by Stamping Vacation too!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Super cute card, Mel!! She is adorable!! I had the leg warmers too!!

jennruggeri75 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa said...

I don't know how you do it. Part of the reason I struggle with digi's is because my ink bleeds or smears...but this is just so darn stinkin' cute!!!

I just love it!

Jessica G. said...

Adorable card, Melissa -- love those vibrant colors!

Awesome new blog layout, too!!

Cammy said...

I love the purple/fuschia highlights in her hair Melissa! The brackets work perfectly. Isn't it fun how many memories this little cutie can bring back? I loved my black gummy bracelets too!

Angela said...

So cute! These images rock! I never had any leg warmers; I must have missed out....

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog - I love hearing from you!