Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday's with Lindsay

Good Morning! For being up since 5:15 this morning, I'm running very far behind.

I love when I can combine my design team work for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff with other challenges - it makes the card that much more fun to create! I love this new image from Lindsay, I've always had a fondness for cattails. I think they're so cool looking! And, of course, I had to play with the other new dragonfly that she released last week.


This cattails design can be found in her shop. So can the dragonfly. OK - now this is what is so cool about high quality digi-stamps. They can be resized to suit your needs. See how tiny I made these dragonflies.

The challenges that I participated in are: the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday, Digital Tuesday - a man card (this card is pretty masculine) and Color Throwdown which is to use the new Stampin' Up! In Color colors Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede. Well, I don't have those colors so I chose what I thought was closest to these colors: Close to Cocoa, Really Rust and Taken with Teal.

Don't forget to check out the team members blogs - someone has the freebie!

Thank you for stopping by.

19 Encouraging Thoughts:

Margie said...

This is pretty-I like the dragonflies and cattails together!

Tamara Bennett said...

Oh I love this one! You're so smart! I would never have thought to put those two stamps together that way! What a gorgeous combo!

thefrugalcrafter said...

Very nice Melissa, you can't be too fatr behind making teacher cards already! BTW an svg is a file that you can cut with your cricut if you have SCAL software ;)

mulberry station said...

How cute is this! I love the color combo and I love how you used the little dragonflies. Beutiful card!

RoseOhio said...

Love your card! The pretty colors and images. Super!

Janet said...

such a pretty card! love it!
hugs

PaperCrafty said...

Very pretty card Mel!! I love the color combo and how you were able to combine so much into one lovely creation. Thanks for playing along with us at SSW!!

Kim Nath said...

So pretty, what a great teacher card! Love the combo of the cattails and dragonflies!

Leanne said...

We must have been on the same wave length this week!! I used cattails and a dragonfly on my card to! I used cattails #2! I love yours it soooo pretty!

Tammy said...

This is very pretty. I don't think I've ever seen a stamp of cattails. This turned out great. Love the embossing on the background. Thanks for adding the link to her shop. It's a new one for me.

Teri said...

Great take on this week's sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Thanks for playing!
Hugs,
Teri x

Sylvia said...

Very pretty color substitions. Really nice card. I love the cattails!

Paula said...

What a wonderful masculine card! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Liz Weber said...

Hi Melissa, what a wonderful take on Sweet Sketch #11, love the cute little dragonflies and your stamping is amazing! Thanks for joining us this week!

Emma said...

Fantastic card...gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us at DTC & good luck.
Emma x

Barbara said...

REally pretty, Melissa. Love that image. Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

broni (waterchild12) said...

Your colors worked just perfectly! I love those cattails too! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown with us!

ljurecek said...

Oh, what a great Teacher card! And it does work even for a male teacher but I'd be happy to get it too! Love the embossing in the background.

Kelly Landers said...

Great combo card! I love those cattails! Thanks for playing with the sketch from SSW!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog - I love hearing from you!