Saturday, October 16, 2010

Owlways There For You

Good Morning!  Happy Saturday!  Have you all missed me?  I've missed you and I've missed stamping.  I started a new job on Wednesday so the creative mojo was drained right out of me.  I am behind on my monthly card traders group challenges, so it was time to catch up.  Here's what's sad, this was the challenge I issued!

But after having my coffee this morning I found some creative juices (and hope they continue to flow) and made this card.  This is a slider card - I found the tutorial on SCS and then Deb found another video by Dawn Griffith.  Ultimately, that video is the one I followed.  You can find it here.


I also made this for the There She Goes challenge which is a recipe:  Kraft card base, black white and a splash of color, dry embossing.  This was so much fun.  I won a $50 gift certificate from TSG so I snagged the You're a Hoot stamp set.  I love this set!

As I said, this is a double slider card....


So you pull the top white ribbon and the inside panels slide out.  This is so cool!  It took a little time to get how to do this, but I think once you've tried one - to make more will be easy.


Close up of the top panel.  I really love all the images that came in this set.


And here's the bottom panel.  Aren't those flowers adorable?

Supplies:
Card stock:  Neenah Classic Crest, Black (Recollections), Kraft, Dusty Durango (SU)
Stamps/Ink:  You're a Hoot (TSG), Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Rhubarb Stalk, Potters Clay, Desert Sand (Memento)
Tools:  3/4" circle punch, Scallop circle nesties (Spellbinder), circle cutters (CM), Cuttlebug, Perfectly Paisley embossing folder
Embellishments:  white grosgrain, rust satin ribbons (Offray)

I hope you like my card - it feels good to stamp again.  I think I better just do it the whole day while I'm on a roll, don't you?  LOL  I wish I could but unfortunately there's floors to vacuum, toilets to scrub and groceries to buy.  Enjoy your Saturday!

3 Encouraging Thoughts:

Corinna McGregor said...

Oh my goodness if this isn't the best!! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us at TSG!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Great card, you Mojo came back full force, this is a really pretty card, love the colors and sliders are so much fun.

Theresa said...

Your card is really nice. I like the embossing. I'm also glad that someone from TSG acknowledged your submission!! I hope my set will arrive on Monday. CUTE!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog - I love hearing from you!