Friday, April 23, 2010

Fabulous Friday

Wow - it's Friday and I actually got to play along with another challenge.  This time I followed the challenge from All That Scraps Wednesday challenge - which was to sew on your card.  My machine still isn't working, so I hand-stitched this one.  I am so pleased with how this turned out.


The adorable image is from the Spring Pixie kit from All That Scraps.  It's funny, I have two boys but I rarely do any boy cards.  This image just happened to fit exactly what I started out to do.  Let me tell you about my little journey.

I found a blog called Penny Duncan Creations.  If you haven't visited her, YOU MUST!  This woman is amazing with her digital creations.  She has SVGs, digi-images, tutorials.  Anyway, I found her blog and was enthralled  by her projects.  I downloaded some of her free SVG files and immediately set out to make a card.  I started with her SVG cut which is the lacy mat beneath the Pixie image.  Then I cut a rectangle to fit inside the mat.  That just happened to be the perfect size for the stamp.  Well, I originally cut the green mat as a test... it just happened to match the colors of some new buttons I picked up from the $1 bin at Michaels.  I love when things just fall into place to create an adorable card!


Supplies:
Card Stock:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Mellow Moss, Brocade Blue
Copics:  E00, E02, Y15, Y17, B95, B97, G99, YG95, E29, E37, E57, B000
Prismacolor Marker:  Goldenrod
Embellishments:  buttons, Diamond Stickles
Tools:  needle, thread, SCAL/Cricut, SVG by Penny Duncan, paper piercing mat pack

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm glad you came.


5 Encouraging Thoughts:

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Hey Melissa....Oh My what an ADORABLY CUTE card!!!! You know I have two boys too and I don't do boy cards often at all!!! I LOVE the stitching and the frame looks GREAT...I'm so honored you chose to use one of my files!!!! Made me smile this morning!! I hope you have a very blessed weekend!!!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

JR Creations said...

Wow Melissa, this is fab, thanks for the link off to check her out now. Love how your card looks.

Jenny T.

Pam S. said...

What a cutie "bug" this image is!!! Beautiful card design that shows off your colored image just perfectly! Thanks for playing along w/us in the All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday challenge this week. Enjoyed visiting your blog!
Pam Going Postal

Amy said...

Wonderful coloring and such a super cute card! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog - I love hearing from you!